Saturday, January 24, 2015

just wondering... - Jan. 20, 2005


Yes, I did get the check, I wasn't able to get around to a Wamu until yesterday, so it is now cashed.  So now you are wondering if I got transferred, yes I did.  I am now in the mount Vernon 1st ward.  So I am now up north.  It is a lot more rural up here than it was in North Seattle.  My new companion is Elder Richter.  Sister Ashton said that he needed me and my strength.  Now I can see why.  He is a little less motivated.  He is a cool guy though and I'm going to see what I can do to help him.  He might also be helping me we'll see.  In any case he is also from Bountiful, UT, and also has 3 sisters.  2 older and one younger.  That's about it for now.  I was going to send you a letter to tell you I've been transfered, but now President tells us Sunday night that we are going to be transferred and Monday was a holiday, so I just waited until now figuring that it would get there quicker.  This new ward is a good one, it seems though that the missionaries up here like to "hang out" with the members, which is not good.  I wonder if I'll be able to change that and still stay friends with the members and more importantly my comp.  It will be an interesting challenge. So far yesterday, it was hard because I have no clue what is going on around here.  I'm trying to indoctrinate myself quickly though.  We'll see how it goes.  I may not be much help so far, but I think I'm going to like it here.  By the way, my new address is 403 N 21st Street #1, Mt. Vernon, WA 98273.  It is a big two story,two bedroom, 1 1/2 bath apartment.  So no complaints there.  Of course we do have to pay 8 bucks a week to do laundry.  That won't be fun.  That's about all for now, I think this transfer is going to be a whole list of different challenges.  I'm looking forward to it.  I love you and miss you.  Have a great week. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment